Gobbins Tour Times
Tours will operate every hour
Please allow approximately 2 hours per tour.
Tours are taken in groups of 10 so places may be limited at certain times.
Please, read and agree the Gobbins' Terms & Conditions before booking.
Before you book...
We want you to enjoy your experience with us at The Gobbins, although you and your group need to consider a number of potential hazards when planning your visit. The Gobbins is a strenuous outdoor experience and is not suitable for everyone. To ensure that our visitors are protected and have the best possible time with us, please read these hazards which you should consider before you and your party decide if The Gobbins is a suitable experience for you.
By ticking the box at the end of the terms and conditions and by purchasing tickets you have acknowledged that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You will then be redirected to our booking screen.
Medical Hazards to consider:
- The Gobbins is an arduous walk and you should be aware of over exertion from walking along a narrow uneven path with many steps and with a very steep climb at the end of the walk.
- A good level of fitness is required to enjoy the walk. In our experience people with cardiac conditions including pacemakers, respiratory, back and joint problems, diabetics who have not medicated properly for being on a 3 hour adventure or people with asthmatic conditions should not undertake this tour.
- There is a small risk of contracting Weill's disease from coming into contact with wildlife residue, therefore Food is not permitted on the path and you are advised to use hand sanitiser after you complete the walk to reduce risk.
- Due to the narrowness of the path walking aids are not permitted on the cliff face path. This includes walking poles and umbrellas.
- The Tunnel is dark and narrow and may cause panic attacks from those suffering from Claustrophobia.
- The Gobbins is renowned for its Bird life, if you have a fear of our feathered friends then this adventure may not be for you.
- You will not be allowed to undertake the walk if you are under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs.
Environmental Hazards to consider:
- In this natural environment, while measures are taken to minimise and manage the rockfall potential, the cliffs are part of the natural environment and cannot be entirely free from rockfall. In undertaking this walk you accept that you may be exposed to such events and these could cause you serious harm.
- All visitors are required to wear a hard hat while undertaking their guided tour due to potential to bang One's head on the cave or tunnel walls, or from the outcrop of rocks which form the beautiful cliff face of The Gobbins.
- No climbing is permitted and you must stay within the designated boundaries of the path and follow guide instructions at all times.
- Suitable outdoor clothing and walking shoes or boots i.e. thick tread, with ankle support and no heels or canvas shoes must be worn, footwear will be checked prior to departure and should they be deemed unsuitable you may be refused access, please see our illustration below.
- Slip and trips could occur due to the uneven surfaces on the Access and Cliff Paths.
- Water is allowed but should be carried in your pocket or around your neck.
Practical Hazards to consider:
- The Gobbins tour is not suitable for very young children. Without exception, The Gobbins guides will not accept anyone under the height of 1.2 metres, or approximately 4 foot, on the tour, children may not be carried.
- Your hands be kept hands free, all belongings may be left in our free lockers at the Visitors Centre.
- Smoking and animals are not permitted on The Gobbins Path.
- Bags are not permitted on the path, this includes back packs and camera bags, in the interests of safety camera's should fit in your pockets or be on a strap forward facing, tablet computers and selfie sticks are not permitted.
General terms and conditions.
- Tour guides reserve the right to direct visitors off the path at any time due to health and safety issues.
- Management may refuse entry to, or eject visitors from, the visitors centre or guided walk for abusive, threatening, drunken or other antisocial behaviour (including smoking in no smoking areas), causing a nuisance, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, or making unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings. No refund will be given.
Your Gobbins Experience
- The experience consists of a short journey by mini bus, then a steep descent followed by over 50 steps to the path entrance at Wise's Eye followed by a 2km walk along the cliff path and a steep upward climb back to your transport home.
- Weather along the coast can suddenly change so everyone must come prepared, wearing suitable outdoor clothing and footwear that can handle the calm to the wild.
- The Gobbins Path runs at a height of 15 metres above water level in places and contains a dark tunnel and an entrance feature where conditions will be cramped for taller visitors or those of a larger build and includes 46 flights of uneven steps.
- There are no toilets on the path so we would ask that you avail of the facilities before entering the briefing room.
Cancellations by management
- Tours can be cancelled at short notice due to changes in the weather or for operational reasons and we will endeavour to contact you prior to your tour time if this is the case. Should this be the case a refund or reschedule of the tour will be offered.
- No refunds will be given unless the tour is cancelled by us, should you be unable to attend we would request at least 72 hours' notice, we will reschedule your visit on the next suitable date available for your party.
Should you have any questions regarding your visit or any of your party following reading of these terms and conditions please contact the Visitors Centre on 028 9337 2318 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate Footwear for the Gobbins Cliff Path Walk
1. Select Your Tickets
Select Your Tickets
Child (up to 16)
Seniors (over 65)
£25 ( 2 adults 1 under 16s)
£25 ( 2 adults 2 under 16s)
£25 ( 2 adults 3 under 16s)
Please, phone us on
+44 (0) 28 9337 2318
for registered carer booking
Please contact us directly for group bookings of over 10.
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9337 2318
Download our Tour Operator and Group Booking Info (PDF)
2. Select Your Date
Select Your Date
Street Address and Number
Confirm Email Address
State(for US Customers)
• One with your payment receipt
• And one with the booking confirmation