Please, read and agree the Gobbins' Terms & Conditions before booking.
Before you book...
The Gobbins is a strenuous outdoor experience and is not suitable for everyone. To ensure that
our visitors are protected and have the best possible experience, please read this important safety
information before you book.
General Safety Information
- The Gobbins is an arduous walk along a narrow uneven path with many steps and with a very steep climb at the end of the walk. A good level of fitness is required to enjoy the walk. In our experience people with cardiac conditions including pacemakers, respiratory, back and joint problems, diabetics who have not medicated properly or people with asthmatic conditions should not undertake this tour.
- Suitable outdoor clothing and walking shoes or boots i.e. thick tread, with ankle support and no heels or canvas shoes must be worn, footwear will be checked prior to departure and should they be deemed unsuitable you may be refused access, please see our illustration below.
- Tour guides reserve the right to direct visitors off the path at any time due to health and safety issues.
- Management have the right to refuse admittance to a tour.
- Water is allowed but should be carried in your pocket or around your neck.
- All visitors are required to wear a hard hat while undertaking their guided tour.
Not permitted on the path
- The Gobbins tour is not suitable for very young children. Without exception, The Gobbins guides will not accept anyone under the height of 1.2 metres, or approximately 4 foot, on the tour, even if carried.
- Due to the narrowness of the path walking aids are not permitted on the cliff face path. This includes walking poles and umbrella's.
- Keep your hands free by using our free lockers.
- Smoking and animals are not permitted on The Gobbins Path.
- Bags are not permitted on the path, this includes back packs and camera bags, in the interests of safety camera's should fit in your pockets or be on a strap forward facing, tablet computers and selfie sticks are not permitted.
- Food is not permitted on the path.
- The experience consists of a short journey by mini bus, then a steep descent followed by over 100 steps to the path entrance at Wise's Eye followed by a 2km walk along the cliff path and a steep upward climb back to your transport home.
- Weather along the coast can suddenly change so everyone must come prepared, wearing suitable outdoor clothing and footwear that can handle the calm to the wild.
- The Gobbins Path runs at a height of 15 metres above water level in places and contains a dark tunnel and an entrance feature where conditions will be cramped for taller visitors or those of a larger build and includes 46 flights of uneven steps.
- There are no toilets on the path so we would ask that you avail of the facilities before entering the briefing room.
Cancellations by management
- Tours can be cancelled at short notice due to changes in the weather or for operational reasons and we will endeavour to contact you prior to your tour time if this is the case. Should this be the case a refund or reschedule of the tour will be offered.
- No refunds will be given unless the tour is cancelled by us, should you be unable to attend we would request at least 72 hours notice, we will reschedule your visit on the next suitable date available for your party.
Should you have any questions regarding your visit or any of your party following reading of these terms and conditions please contact the Visitors Centre on 028 9337 2318 or email email@example.com.
Appropriate Footwear for the Gobbins Cliff Path Walk