For GPS purposes our address is:
The Gobbins Visitor Centre,
Road, Islandmagee BT40 3SX
Getting to the Start (by Car / Bicycle)
- Take the A2 from Belfast to Larne and turn right onto the Island Road Lower (B90) with brown signposts for Islandmagee and The Gobbins.
- Travel straight ahead until you reach a mini roundabout with a sign indicating the village of Ballystrudder, and then continue straight ahead until you are facing the Rhinka ice cream parlour.
- Turn left and continue less than ½ mile and you will find the Gobbins Visitor Centre located on your left.
Getting to the Start (by Train)
- For the Belfast-Larne railway line timetable information please go to www.translink.co.uk or ring Translink's Contact Centre on +44 (0) 28 9066 6630 (Opening hours: Monday - Friday 7am to 8pm, Saturday & Sunday 8am to 6pm.)
- The nearest train station is Ballycarry, with approximately a 1 mile walk to the Gobbins Visitor Centre. There is normally one train per hour between Monday to Saturday and every two hours on a Sunday. However, if you intend to walk, please be aware that a small section of this walking route is without a pedestrian footpath.
- The next nearest train station is Whitehead, which is approximately 3 miles away from the Gobbins Visitor Centre. This station offers a more frequent service with normally two trains per hour between Monday to Saturday and every hour on a Sunday.
- For Translink policy on the carriage of bicycles please click here.
Getting to the Start (by Bus)
- Unfortunately the local bus service is very limited, particularly at weekends. For bus timetable information please go to www.translink.co.uk or ring Translink's Contact Centre on +44 (0) 28 9066 6630 (Opening hours: Monday - Friday 7am to 8pm, Saturday & Sunday 8am to 6pm.)
Bus routes are as follows:
163 Belfast - Greenisland - Whitehead 168 Belfast - Carrickfegus - Whitehead 169 Whitehead - Browns Bay - Whitehead 169A Whitehead - Browns Bay - Whitehead 263 Belfast, Laganside Bus Centre - Kilroot - Whitehead 563 Belfast - Greenisland - Whitehead
The Gobbins Visitor Centre, Middle Road, Islandmagee BT40 3SX
(Under 16, Seniors, Students)
(2 adults and up to 3 children)
Please contact us directly for group bookings of over 10.
tel: +44 (0) 28 9337 2318
|The Gobbins Visitor Centre open from 9.30 am – 5.30 pm daily|