Mid and East Antrim Borough Council is registered with the Information Commissioner as a "data controller" (ICO registration ZA076984) as we collect and process personal information about you. This applies to all users at The Gobbins.
We automatically receive and save certain types of information whenever you interact with the Gobbin's website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience of the website.
Information that we will automatically receive includes:
- Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
- IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer)
- Domain name from which you access the internet
- Referring URL
- Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
- Date and time pages were visited
This helps us to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Respond to any queries
- Provide the ability to book online
When you purchase tickets from the Gobbins your name, address, telephone number, email, Country of origin and customer reference will also be collected and stored for a limited period of time – your information is used to process your booking and is not utilised for any other purpose.
The lawful basis for the processing of your information will normally fall under one of the following:
- On the basis of your explicit consent;
- On the basis that processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you; for example the purchasing of tickets for the Gobbins or
- On the basis that processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests; for example, to enable you to go on the Gobbins Tour to process tickets.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on our secure servers in the UK.
It may also be stored outside of Europe, where it could be viewed by our staff or suppliers.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can't guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We won't share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don't pass on your details to other websites.
Payment transactions are always encrypted.
Disclosing your information
Following a link to another website
Following a link to www.thegobbinscliffpath.com from another website
www.thegobbinscliffpath.com puts small files (known as 'cookies') onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don't show them to you again
www.thegobbinscliffpath.com cookies aren't used to identify you personally.
You'll normally see a message on the site before we store a cookie on your computer.
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.thegobbinscliffpath.com. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, eg improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on www.thegobbinscliffpath.com
- how long you spend on each www.thegobbinscliffpath.com page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you're visiting the site
We don't collect or store your personal information (eg your name or address) so this information can't be used to identify who you are.
We don't allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Policy@midandeastantrim.gov.uk if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO's address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
For further information please visit the following link: